Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Unprotected sex 2 weeks back

User Profile
hi , i had unprotected sex 2 weeks back and took i pill right after .it was just right after 6 days after my periods ended. now im getting this brown foul smelling discharge. could i be pregnant? my periods suppose to come but just this discharge is coming instead. please help

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 20th, 2010
Birth Control Answer A16201
Welcome to ehealthforum.
Sometimes emergency contraceptives can alter bleeding pattern and duration of periods due to high hormonal content. If the spotting/brown discharge is continuing for more than 5-7 days, then report to your gynecologist for a detailed examination and tests to rule out pregnancy.
The foul smell could signal possibility of infection, the discharge should be examined and tested (vaginal smear if indicated) to identify infection and treat it adequately.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Birth Control , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.