Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

unprotected sex on the last day of my period?

I had unprotected sex with my partner 3 days ago, he came inside me but said it was not much. I was on the last day of my period and had stopped bleeding but im wondering if there is a chance i could be pregnant from it. Today ive been feeling frequent pains under my stomach that come and go and appear to be peeing alot but no sign of spotting. Could i be pregnant ..Could i get pregnant from this.. some infrmation would be very much appericated thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 13th, 2011
It is possible to get pregnant. It could be possible to begin ovulation during your period. It's still to early to know if you are pregnant. It can take up to week for an egg to be fertilized.
|

User Profile
replied September 14th, 2011
Community Volunteer
The risk depends on your cycle length and how long you menstruate . If you have a 28 day cycle, your fertile week will start on day 9 or 10 of your cycle (and last until day 17 or 1Cool. If you have shorter cycles, the risk will increase.

Although it is in theory possible to get pregnant from period sex, in practice it does not happen very often. Women are just not fertile then, and the outflow of menstrual debris makes it difficult for the sperm to make it to the ovary. Do not use this as a birth control technique however, unless you do not mind getting pregnant. You will ovulate out of sequence or more than once a cycle a few times in your life. Why take the risk when you can avoid it?

Rather protect yourself from STDs, infections and pregnancy.
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....