Hello,

I have some sort of rash on my fingers and thumb and I am unaware of what caused it and what it could be. Below is a link to the picture of it.
http://ft2.dtupload.com/T/Finger_Infection .jpg
If you could help me figure out what this is and how to stop it it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Gaelic
|

replied June 5th, 2013
Anybody? Please, I really need help figuring out what this is.
|

User Profile
replied June 6th, 2013
Especially eHealthy
Herding,

The vast majority of rashes, limited to just a small part of the body, are due to contact with something (contact dermatitis). But, they can also be due to an infectious process (viral and fungal more common than bacterial).

Usually, if the rash was from something like a medication (drug eruption), the rash would be more widespread.

Unfortunately, you may need to see a dermatologist, if the redness continues. You can try the over-the-counter medications for rashes which have cortisone in them. But, again, if these do not work, you will probably have to see someone who can determine the underlying cause of your rash.

Good luck.
|

replied June 6th, 2013
Thanks, I have already been to a doctor and he prescribed me Dermol topical cream (0.05%). If it doesn't clear up in a week or so I will probably just go back to the doctor and seek further help. Thanks again.
|
Tags: rash
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....