Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

unknown bowel problem keeps getting worse

I am a male 26 and have a problem they cant seem to find out what it is, lll try to explain, I am having trouble emptying stool but im not constipated, now for the last month and a half every time i pass a stool most still comes out but the last part gets stuck down at the end where it isnt supposed to be like from the rectum to the end of the anal canal its getting worse and is unconfortable. I treid laxatives and eating lots of fiber nothing would work. I been having 3 or 4 bowels a day and see blood sometimes, in the morning i have loose watery stool and at night they are hard and dry. About 5 months ago had severe stomach aches with bloody diarria. I gone to a GI had a colonoscopy a blood test, stool test, x ray and everything came up negative so far then I went back to the docter and they said it is a form of constipation and they gave me Linzess used to help ibs and chronic constipation, it is only reducing bowels but it still wont empty were it is stuck. I taken it about a week and stopped the last couple days, they said If it doesnt work they have to check the muscles and nerves.
Has anyone had this before? What to do? I mean I know things could be worse but its just really unconfortable. Is there any way to mask this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 6th, 2013
Community Volunteer
Hello! Unfortunately I do not have an answer for you. But you may want to try posting your question on our Ask a Doctor forum for an answer from a medical expert. Just click on 'Ask Question' under the Ask a Doctor box on the right side of the page. You can also check out our Health Center - http://ehealthforum.com/healthcenter/gastr ointestinal-health

I hope this helps!
|

replied June 9th, 2013
You may have to have the test called an Anorectal Manometry, to test the sphincter muscles, & muscles inside. You may have a partial prolapse. See a colorectal surgeon. There are many tests that can be done, such as a proctogram. If there's bad pain, you may even have a stricture or narrowing in your intestines. Don't Strain to try & push the rest out as it will only worsen the problem. Something is not definitely not right!
|

replied June 30th, 2013
Thanks..I had a manometry they said I passed now I am waiting to see what the docter sais is next
|
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....