User Profile
I have been having severe abdominal pain in three areas of my abdomen since April. Numerous er and doctor visits just to be told there's nothing wrong and they refuse to treat the pain. The pain is in the upper left side that is also into my chest, armpit, and back. Numerous ekgs that are normal, blood pressure has been running 189/113 and higher. Chest xray shows heart and lungs are normal size and chest ct with contrast shows no blood clots although my D-Dimer test was higher than it should be. This pain happens a lot when I eat, drink, or breath deeply. The second pain is on the right size where the gallbladder is but gallbladder ultrasound shows nothing wrong with my gallbladder. But area is very tender and painful to touch. The third area of pain is in my lower right side and over the last few months has spread to the entire length of my lower abdomen. Very painful to the touch, sometimes to even have anything touching my abdomen at all. Diarrhea everyday all day long, constipated at least three times a month, and recently bloody rust colored diarrhea a few times a week. Appendix, ovaries, etc have been ruled out. Six months ago ct scan showed inflammation of the colon and small intestines, three months ago ct scan showed the same, last week ct scan showed scattered subcentimeter mesenteric and retroperitoneal lymph nodes. Also ct scan showed mild asymmetric right hemidiaphragm elevation, spleen mildly prominent, and liver prominent in size. I asked a few different ER Physician Assistants and Doctors what that meant and they told me my results were normal and there's nothing wrong with me. There is nothing normal about this pain. I am woke up at night doubled over in pain. I'm so frustrated with all of it. None of them will explain any of my results to me and all I hear is "We won't give you narcotics." I'm really at my wits end.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 23rd, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
You are suffering from pain disorder.
You would need antidepressants like escitalopram to settle this issue.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.