Hello

I have a digestion issue, and it only started about two months ago. My food just doesn't "go" away like it used to.
I have this mild "vomitty" feeling in the back of my throat. I burp alot after meals. It's not a gassy burp but the type where the food goes into your stomach. I think it comes back, and goes in, over and over
resulting in the burping.
I feel the food sitting my chest, moving up and down, and just rolling about my stomach.
I don't have heartburn and neither do I vomit or feel abdominal discomfort. I took anatacids but stopped when I started
taking too much. I drink alot of water, so I thought that could be watering down the food so I avoid it around my meal times.
It's a weird indigestion thing. What could it be and what should I do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 15th, 2013
Experienced User
Hi Knightwisp,

If you have been having these symptoms for a while, you need to see your doctor.
There could be many different reasons for the symptoms you describe and you need to ascertain what the cause is.

They may need to do tests which could involve any of the following:
Manometry to determine whether the pressure difference between your stomach and esophagus is conducive - usually involving a nasal endoscope and swallowing measured sips of water (often combined with 24 hr pH monitoring).
"Bravo" 48 hr pH monitoring (when a capsule is attached to your esophagus to send information about levels of acid to a receiver. It detaches after 48 hours.)
Barium swallow. (When you drink a special drink and stand in front of an x-ray machine to check peristalsis.)
An EGD (Esophago GastroDuodenoscopy - scope down the throat.)

Meanwhile, help yourself by eating small amounts but more frequently. (eg 6 x half portions every couple of hours instead of 3 whole portions.)

Not everyone with acid reflux or motility problems experiences the pain of heartburn.
It's probably nothing sinister but there is always a (very small) chance of developing cancer. So get yourself checked out.

All the best

Chris
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Almost everyone experience heartburn or acid indigestion at times. But what is acid reflux and how could it cause more serious problems?...
Can you tell the difference between common heartburn symptoms and signs of more serious digestive problems? Learn when and how to take action for acid reflux....
Heartburn is common, but it is not trivial. It's important to diagnose and treat heartburn or acid reflux as early as possible. Review diagnostic procedure now...