Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Undiagnosed work related symptoms

User Profile
Hi, I am a 27 yr old female. I recently had a baby 5 months ago, and I also work in a factory where i do have some exposure to chemicals or fumes, but not extreme. I have been there 5 years. That being said, I have had several strange symptoms and cannot seem to find any explanation. They are:

All of these symptoms seem to be MORE prevalent at work. I will just be sitting there working, and my eyes will just kind of go out of focus (fairly regular, mostly throughout the second half of the day, after I have eaten), accompianied by dizzy or lightheaded feeling a lot. My eyes also feel strained a lot throughout the day as well as feeling nausea quite a bit.
After the baby, my first few menstrual periods were normal, and then my last one, which came at the scheduled time, there was hardly anything there! I checked two different times to make sure I wasen't pregnant.
I also seem to be more sensitive to smell as well as noise - the loud noise hurts my ears more. Again, these are more noticeable at work.
Any ideas? I am not really in the financial state to have anyone run a lot of tests, since I have such a variety of symtoms. Hopefully you can help! This has been going on for a few weeks now.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 20th, 2008
General Q and A Answer A4942
It is very hard to say what is causing your symptoms (“eyes go out of focus”, dizziness, nausea, irregular cycles, stronger sensitivity to smell, lightheaded feeling…) but 2 negative pregnancy tests prove that your symptoms are not result of any pregnancy.

You could consult your primary health provider.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.