Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Nausea Forum

Undiagnosed stomach issues

Ok so... I am 29 years old and male in good shape. Over the last 9 months, I have lost 55 pounds due to a stomach issue. First and foremost, I am terrified to vomit. I haven't since I was 4 years old. I do not know if this is why I feel sick. Can't explain why. BUT... For the past 9 months I have had the following symptoms: very full feeling in stomach all the time whether I eat or not, I literally feels like someone is blowing a balloon up in my stomach all the time. It is not triggered by certain foods. Very hard to go to the bathroom as well. Even water makes me feel sick after drinking it. I am nauseas every single day after EVERYTHING I eat. Then my anxiety about getting sick comes into play, and it seems to get worse. I know the original feeling is NOT in my head, but gets worse because of my head. I have had the following tests done as well: X-ray, ctscan, ultrasound, barium swallow, upper gi, and a test where they inject dye into your organs and see if everything looks ok in an X-ray. 10 different blood tests for everything from h-pylori to Lyme disease. Every single test came back negative. The only thing they found was a case of duodenitus. They gave me Prilosec?! I am not complaining, I just know that it's getting worse and I am going to be in serious trouble if I dont find someone to help me soon. I have really no more weight to lose. Someone please have any answer for me? Thank you or reading.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 21st, 2012
To ease the bloated, full all the time feeling-a heating pad on you belly and drink plenty of water. Use a stool softner on a daily. It may not be triggered by any certain foods, however it can intensify from food that causes gas. I would recomend a liquid diet with the exception of rice and or small amount of noodles with crackers but for goodness sakes, stay away from sodium best you can. should symptoms improve, add minimal solids back. Another option to liquid diet is baby food as its not as acidic & helps for weight gain in the weak Wink Hope that helps
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
You've probably had a case of food poisoning at least one in your life...but what types of food poisoning exist? Basics on food poisoning here....
Not everyone will get sick from contaminated food. Learn who is more at risk of food poisoning, and what factors increase bacterial growth here....
How do you know if you've got a case of salmonella food poisoning versus e. coli? Learn the basic symptoms of food poisoning and when to seek help here....