Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

Undiagnosed Right Side Abdominal Pain

Ok- I am a 38 female. I have had mild pain that I could live with in the upper right side of stomach near the rib cage for about 5-6 days, I have had gas for the last few days to a week and sulfur burps for most of it, I have been bloated, have had heartburn, but the pain in my right side pain was tolerable. I started Prilosec about 4 days ago and that took care of the heartburn and the sulfur still have gas, bloating, and pain. Now on Wednesday night I ate a large steak and was woken with severe pain on the right side under the rib cage twords my back around 4am. The pain was so bad I had trouble walking, sitting, driving, it would come and go, like spasms and felt like someone was stabbing me. It literally stopped me from functioning normally. I tried to go to work and made it in. The pain was so bad I went to the ER and they did blood work, urine, cat scan, and a ultrasound. All were clear? I don’t know what to say the pain is unbearable they said they weren’t sure what the cause was and to do a gallbladder diet and sent me home. I am so frustrated!!!!! Does anyone have any ideas what this could be? I don’t have insurance and I never go to the ER I never miss work I recently had pneumonia and didn’t even go to the ER for that and I went to work until they sent me home and said I couldn’t return without a medical release from a doctor so I went to a walk in clinic and was diagnosed with pneumonia. My point is I don’t go to the doctor unless I need to this pain is dibilitating and I really to help finding out what this is and how to keep from getting it again!!! Thank You!!!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...