User Profile
About 5 months ago, I've been getting a reoccurring itch almost everyday when I do something strenuous such as dancing, working out, or sometimes just when I'm walking. I say itchy because I'm not sure what else to call the sensation, it's more of a prickly feeling, and its very irritating. It usually lasts anywhere between 2-5 minutes, and it covers my body neck down and above my feet. When I scratch theres little relief and to avoid looking like I'm insane in public I usually have to stop whatever I'm doing and not move until the feeling is gone. When I'm home, I've taken off all my clothing when I get the itch, and I notice no bumps, coloring, or anything on my skin. So I've somewhat learned to live with it for the past 5 months, because I can't find out what this is. I've tried using different soaps, detergents for clothing, not using cloth softener tissues, but none of my efforts have brought relief. I don't know how it all began. Any idea what it might be? I appreciate the help.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 24th, 2009
Skin Answer A6101
Itching that lasts 2-5 minutes and happens during daily activities without any skin changes could be due to an anxiety reason. First, you may consult your GP and then a dermatologist about your problem.

You should also watch your diet because you are also overweight.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.