Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Undiagnosed bumps in the groin area

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
Dear Doctors.

I have decently found a large concentration of "Hard bumps" under my skin in my groin area, on both side. some bumps greater then the other. but none more then about 1/2 of an inch. They feel fairly solid and stuck to underlaying tissue. (They are not mobile)
I am terrified that these bumps are actually lymph nodes with Metastatic cancer..
Tomorrow I will be seeing my Doctor again, But I am afraid that he will blame it on my Hypochondria.
My doctor has done blood tests, which showed fine. this was about 2 month's ago, he also felt the area with the bumps, but back then I did not realise they were there yet, and he did not say anything about them. So I am afraid that they popped up since then.

I am very afraid..Cannot sleep and feel asif I am on the edge of a nervous breakdown...

Kind regards, and hoping for an answer.


Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 30th, 2009
General Q and A Answer A6413

It is very important for a medical professional to examine the “bumps”. You might be overly sensitive about your body, paying too much attention to minor details.

On the other hand, it is possible that the bumps might be due to a mild skin inflammation. What might have caused it can not be determined without an additional examination by a medical professional.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.