Ok, my problem is that I have been very underweight all my life (except maybe first 6 years). I mean obviously this could be just genetic variance, but I dont know.

My normal BMI ranges from 14-17, so its way too low, eating a lot and high Kcal stuff I can get to maybe 20, but then I just feel sick all the time... My metabolic level is also more than it should be by around 20% or more... Still my axillary temp is normal 36.4. I also have slight depression and usually feel more tired than other people.

Uh yeah, and I am a guy, 20 years old, so this isnt some teenage thing.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 25th, 2010
How many of these symptoms do you have?

o High BMR
o Increased perspiration
o Rapid pulse
o Increased body temperature
o Restlessness, insomnia, weight loss
o Increased appetite
o Goiter (primary or secondary origin)
|

replied April 27th, 2010
The thing is, I have been underweight all my life, so this is a very long term issue. It might be genetics, but who knows...

Anyway:

High BMR - yup I got that - its very high (or I dont digest properly).
Increased perspiration - well I sweat a lot when exercising but I dunno about this.
Rapid pulse - No, its quiet slow. 60-70.
Increased temperature - well I havent measured everywhere, but auxillary temp is lower than average. (36.35-36.4c)
Restlessness - If something I am tired all the time. Fall asleep very easily and sleep more than average if I can.
Goiter - I dont belive so, but maybe the thyroid is a bit larger. IDK.

Strange thing that I seem to have quiet slow body functions but yet very high BMR.
|

replied June 5th, 2010
Finally doc ordered me to go to a blood test, everything (including thyroid) was normal, except something related with bone structuring (caused by possible vit D deficiency?). I got appointed to blood test that checks the D levels and parathormone etc.

Anyway now I think I might have a fat absorption problem, since I eat enough vit D. And also cause I have frequent bowel movements (after every meal) and at times yellow stool (if I eat a lot of fat - is that normal?), also my stool is quiet soft and could be bit darker.
|

User Profile
replied June 5th, 2010
a good firm texture is nice for your stool. try picking it up to determine the consistency. i advise not wearing gloves to get a better feel for it. if it requires a gentle squish to fall apart then this is the correct texture. if it runs through your hands this is much too liquidy.
|
Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....