Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

uncomfortable burning feeling near/around my clitoris.

User Profile
Hi. I'm 16 and through my life, at occasional times, after urinating I'd get this really uncomfortable feeling near/around my clitoris. Its almost like a burning sensation, tingly, but doesnt actually burn. Lately it's been happening almost everytime I pee. Im still a virgin, incase thats a question. Help please?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 3rd, 2012
Womens Conditions Answer A36676
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The symptoms that you describe could suggest infective cause. Visit your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for thorough evaluation and urine analysis, vaginal/vulval swab/smear test (from the affected area) to look for causative agent. Get started on treatment as appropriate (based on examination and investigations results) to help you control the symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle. Avoid vaginal douching, use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. Avoid sweat accumulation in the area. Keep area clean and dry.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Tags: Diet, womens help
Quick Reply
Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Urinary and Bladder Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.