User Profile
i just recently found out that my unborn daughter has congenital cystic adenomatiod malformation of the lung, and i'm really scared that she is going to be one of the worst case situations. any way before this i had never heard of it and obviously never heard of any one having the same issue with a happy ending. I just wanted to know if any one else had the same situation and what ended up happening. i just think i could use some support from other parents that are or have gone through this. I never thought i would have an unhealthy baby my first two were perfect in every way, and so is this baby other then her lung, so not knowing what to really expect is terrifying and until i see for my self my little tiny baby in my arms with a clean bill of health im going to be worried, i just think that hearing some other peoples stories and outcomes will hopefully reassure me hopefully not scare me worse. ok well thanks a bunch
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 12th, 2010
CCAM
I was born 35 years ago with ccam, I did lose my entire right lung due to it. But with the advancements in science and medicine in the last 35 years your daughter will not face the same issue I did. I'm healthy and currently 6 months pregnant with my first child. I was told by the ob/gyn that ccam is not a genetic disorder and my chance of passing it on was the same as a women without it. I hope this can help reduce a little of the stress your feeling.
|

replied March 22nd, 2010
My son was diagnosed with CCAM when I was 30 weeks pregnant. He is now 3 years old. He had surgery when he was 3 months old to have his mass removed. He has been doing great ever since. It was hard to go through but we made it ok. Hope everything is well with you.
|

replied October 3rd, 2011
Ccam baby ;(
I am 21 weeks and have recently been told our baby also has ccam, the mass is divided into 2 but it about 15mm x 10mm in size and does not have hydrops. The consultant told me today that if there is no sign of hydrops or the heart being shifted then it usually leads to a good outcome. Most occasions the affected area will still need to be removed but it is quite a simple procedure . Me and my husband are devasted and shocked as we are both so fit and healthy, and no1 ever expects for your unborn child to have an abnormality!

Positive thinking is always best in a situation like this especially not to stress yourself out so I am trying to think as positive as possible ... Atleast we are able to have a baby when there are so many couples out there trying desperately to conceive and even though we have to go through all this worry, our babies will be fine after surgery and can lead a normal life!
For all you mums and dads also going through this.. Stay strong and positive for your little squidge, nothing we could of done would have changed this situation its just one of life's little tests and we will all pass with flying colours x x sending my love to all ccam babies x
|

replied October 22nd, 2011
ccam
My daughter got diagnosed with ccam in utero and had surgery the next day after being born, her heart was also shifting to the opposite side Sad but with plenty positive thinking she is now well and thriving like every other 15mo old Smile
|

replied May 29th, 2012
Hello, my husband and I went for our 20 week scan in Basingstoke last Thursday and they found a large cyst on our baby's left lung ( they have said it is a CCAM) which is pushing against the heart. We have been referred to Southampton but our appointment isn't until Friday! As you can imagine its a very long and worrying week! Just wondering if anyone has any advice or suggested questions we can as the doctors at Southampton? Many Thanks
Michelle x
|
Must Read
Asthma affects more than 22 million Americans. But what happens during a respiratory asthma attack? Learn the basics about asthma now....
Some people are more likely than other to be diagnosed with asthma. Learn if you are at risk of asthma in this section on risk factors and causes of asthma....
How can you identify the signs and symptoms of asthma or respiratory problems? We list the common asthma symptoms here and discuss asthma problems....