Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Unable to regulate body temperature, IBS

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
User Profile
Hello please can someone advise me... I have suffered with IBS for the last 11 years but recently I've started to wonder something that I am unsure that something that has been happening at night is actually just the ibs or something different ... Basically is there a disorder etc that can be described as not being able to regulate body temperature... As I am finding at night (not every night) I awake at about 2/3am ish in excrutiating pain (like i just wanna literally chop a body part off to distract me from my pain type) ....with my body on fire literally too hot to touch and it liquifies my insides ie stool is completely liquified but not as in water as if I have put a pot of it in the microwave and heated it up as well as my urine coming out so hot you could prob make tea with it ... Sorry to be so graphic but any ideas?

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile

User Profile
replied June 28th, 2010
Abdominal Pain Answer A13624
Thanks for using this forum.......

Stress can lead to this type of stools but you need a to test them to be sure there is no infection..I would recommend you to eat fibres and take antianxiety pills and if it still doesnot stop meet a physician for the tests...

take care...

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.