Impression:

mild left hydronephrosis with narrowing/stricture at left pelvic uretic junction/proximal ureter
well defined oval anechoic collection measuring 25 ml in antero-lateral aspect of left psoas muscle,near its origin
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 23rd, 2011
Hello and thank you for your post on E health forum.

From the report given, it seems that that

1. There is a stricture in the ureter, that is blocking the flow of urine in the urinary tract. This obstruction has caused kidney swelling due to chronic back pressure.

2. There is a infective abscess in the psoas muscle.

You might benefit by consultation with a urologist for proper treatment of the condition. This may include correction of the ureteral stricture by surgery or stent placement.

I hope this helps.
|

replied October 22nd, 2013
I am schedule for laser removal of a ureteral stricture and am very under informed about the procedure and if its even an in/outpatient thing. I am trying to look up online and am finding it hard to find information on ureteral strictures and just seem to get info on urethral ones. How is this procedure done and how long can I expect to be in the hospital for? Is it very painful? My urologist mentioned that because of where the stricture is (very high up) that if this didn't work or it grew back we were looking at removal of the kidney, does this sound accurate to you? Im only 25 and shocked to have these issues at all...thank you for any help you can give me!
|
Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kidney Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.