Ok I have one I was on my period and had sex with my bf on Jan 7th and on Jan 18 I had sex with another man when me and my bf broke up. My ultrasound on March 19 put me at 10wks and 2days which would be Jan 6th. Me and my bf are back and just need to know if the other man could be the father cause if you count when I started my period my 14 day would be when me and the other guy had sex on Jan 18. Could and ulrasound be off 12 days when I'm only 10wks and 2days?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 23rd, 2009
Supporter
An ultrasound done within the first trimester is pretty accurate and can be off by a week. If you take away a week, that would put the conception date at Dec. 30; if you add a week that would put you at Jan. 13, before you had sex with the other guy. I would get a test to be on the safe side and for my own peace of mind though. There's a new technique where they take a blood sample from the mother and a blood sample, hair or cheek swab from the potential father. There is no risk to the baby but I don't know that results from this new procedure are admissable in court (child support.) Maybe you should research and consider doing this. I believe you can take this test as early as at 13 weeks.
|

replied March 24th, 2009
HELP
Thanks, but does anyone anymore info on this? I mean I've heard ultrasounds can be off by two weeks is that true? My doctor told me that it could be off 7days earlier and 7days after date of conception from my ultrasound. And if I had sex while on my period can you get pregnant other then your ovulation date?
|

replied August 31st, 2009
To my knowledge, an ultrasound is accurate within 3 to 5 days. I am in a similar situation and been doing research into this. Every doctor I have spoken to thus far says that the ultrasound is very accurate and the time frame of 3-5 days is just a safety measure.

Goos luck
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....