I am being treated for an ulcer. I did not eat the best yesterday and have diahrrea. I cannot take Pepto. What is the best course of action.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 16th, 2018
Hello and welcome,

I appreciate your concern,

An occasional bout of diarrhoea due to contaminated food or water intake is usually pepto bismol is used but if you cannot use that,as you mentioned in your query,the replacement option is imodium (loperamide).It's an Over the counter antidiarrhoeal and is mostly well effective in such cases.

I hope this is helpful

Wishing you the best of health.

Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Ulcer
Quick Reply
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.