Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

ulcer looks exactly like the one you have in your mouth

User Profile
So I have this ulcer (looks exactly like the one you have in your mouth). It's right in the opening of my vagina on the left side, and it's been there for a week now if nor less. At first I didn't know what it was, I felt like I had a cut down there and it felt itchy so I took a pic and found the ulcer. It's now a bit painful to the touch and a little swollen, it doesn't hurt when I walk or move, it only hurts when I touch it or when I pee, though it doesn't always hurt when I pee, sometimes i can just pee without any pain. The pain is bearable but is uncomfortable. I didn't have any discharge until yesterday, I found thick discharge on my underwear and it was dark brow, and today I had it again. Not much and it didn't smell. From what I read it could be herpes, and I'm so scared now. Is it herpes or could it be something else? Anyway, I haven't had sex for 6 months and I've had sex with one guy only in my life, so if this is actually herpes I'd know who gave it to me.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 23rd, 2015
Welcome to e health forum.

Since your history does not indicate that you have many sexual partners , it is unlikely that you may have a STD.

Also the lesion does not appear to be due to herpes, as Herpes infection presents with multiple vesicles that later progress to ulcerations and they are quite painful.

Your ulcer could be due to non-sexually aquired genital ulcers - possibly due to stress (reactive systemic illness), bacterial infection

It would be recommended that you consult your OB-GYN if the ulcer persists for longer than 1 weeks time.

In the mean time, you can apply a antibacterial cream on the ulcer, which might help to relieve the symptoms and also help in quicker recovery.

I hope this helps.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.