Medical Questions > Nutrition > Weight Loss Forum

Ujjayi Breathing to lose weight?

Hey all,

It came across my attention the other day that there are methods to lose weight by breathing. ehow.com/way_5428074_breathing-lose-weight .html Have you ever heard of this? I haven't...Does anybody know anything about these techniques and how one can utilize them for maximum effects? I mean, I breath constantly (who doesn't) and I seem to only be gaining weight!

Any help/advice would be appreciated!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 22nd, 2011
yeah, sounds too good to be true - lose weight by breathing! haha
however I did come across this idea too - in the book by Pam Grout "how to lose weight by breathing". Very interesting. You might want to check it out! Good luck! I'm personally going to research this more!
|

replied November 23rd, 2011
I did some internet search and there are tons of links about breathing and losing weight! I tried to find Grout's book, but no luck. They all want to sell me one. Anna, where did you get that book?
|

User Profile
I ordered it on Amazon. If you wanna share your thoughts after you read it, I'd be glad to hear them Smile
|

Breathing Weight Loss
This is wonderful! I am placing an order now for the book!
|

Hmm, I'm still a bit hesitant about that. Word of mouth is not enuf for me to make a decisison. Guys, can anyone tell me about Breathslim? I found this in connection to Pam Grout's book, they advertise it on their wbsite and bind breathing and losing weight too. No exact info so far... =(
|

User Profile
replied December 1st, 2011
I posted about it in a different topic, but I am now using Breathslim system to help me get healthier and lose some weight. It's a breathing training and the more I do it and read about it, the more I'm convinced that it's helping my body. I sleep better and feel better in mornings. I have more energy for workouts (don't do them often though because of time).
So if you are open minded and willing to try something new, try it! The worst case you'll improve your health! lol
|

replied January 13th, 2012
Anna, how's your training? Was wondering if you had any results.
|

User Profile
replied January 13th, 2012
Hi, it's going great in fact! It took me some time and efforts to learn it, but now it's easy and even fun. The best part about it is that I feel so much more energized and even went back to my fitness classes. And I dont eat as much now.
Did I lose weight? I certainly did and it was a combination of factors - healthy eating, exercising and Breathslim Smile
|
This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....