Did you know that there are 3 main types of vegetarians:

Vegans eat only plant-based foods. They do not eat any meat or animal products, including dairy products or eggs.
Lacto-vegetarians eat dairy products along with plant-based foods. They do not eat eggs.
Lacto-ovo vegetarians eat eggs and dairy products, in addition to plant-based foods.
I didn't know that vegans was under the category of vegetarians. Or am I misunderstanding this? I thought it was vegetarians, and vegans, that's it.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 26th, 2010
hmm interesting...i'm a vegetarian but i'm lactose intolerant so i eat only eggs and plant-based foods - wud that make me an ovo-vegetarian haha?
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....