Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

two reactive lymph nodes

User Profile
I have had a bulge in my inguinal groin area for 13 days.Last Friday I had a hernia sonogram done and the results showed that I have two reactive lymph nodes.Yesterday I started with diarrhea and had a fever of 100.8.My stomach feels bloated,my abdomen is sore and I have low back pain on the same side of my body as the bulge in my groin.Would reactive lymph nodes cause all these symptoms?

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied April 23rd, 2014
Lymphoma Answer A46831
Thank you for asking!
Reactive lymph nodes are a result of some infection nearby. Gastrointestinal discomfort with all the symptoms i would say it is a gastroenteritis involving the lymph node nearby like any other infection does. All you need is a gastroenterologist for further management,It could be lymphadenitis. get some work up done like CBC< ESR, LDH, CRP, fibrinogen levels, some radiological work ups and if possible and needed some histopathological work up is needed here. There is a long list of infections which may present with this. Gastrointestinal tuberculosis also present very much likely the same way.Any how it needs some work up.COnsult to gastroenterologist to sort out the etiology.
Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lymphoma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.