The date of my LMP was 1/26/13 and ended on 1/30/13. I started dating my ex boyfriend on 2/1/13. We were together til 2/8/13. We had sex a couple times in that time frame. Since we had broken up, I had slept with a friend on 2/9/13. I found out on 2/23/13 that I was pregnant using the Clearblue test.I am worried about who the father is since the time frames were so close. They say conception date is two weeks after LMP which puts it on 2/9. Both men know I am pregnant and both believe they are not the father. My ex believes it isnt his because he says he never came inside of me which I did inform him pre cum can make you pregnant. The second man doesnt believe it is his because he says he went in two years ago to get fixed and the doctor wouldnt do because he has such a low sperm count that its practically impossible to have any more children. I told him its improbable, not impossible.
I am worried because my last child father thought to be was wrong. and there was a three week difference between the men! Any idea of who I should believe more to be the father?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Gaelic
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2013
Especially eHealthy
pregmom3,

Unfortunately, the only way you are going to know for sure, is to have a DNA test done after the baby is born. (There are some tests which can be done before the baby is born, but it is easier after birth.)

Using dates is quite variable, ultrasound is more exact. But, even the ultrasound is not going to be able to tell exactly enough between the 8th and 9th of Feb.

As to the pre-ejaculate causing pregancy, it really cannot. It takes millions and millions of sperm to cause fertilization. HOWEVER, when there is penetration, it is not really possibe to tell exactly how much ejaculate was deposited. The gentleman may not think that he fully ejaculated, but there may have been more than a few drops deposited.

The second gentleman stating that the physician not doing a vasectomy because he had a low sperm count, that sounds a little funny. A gentleman is considered to be functionally sterile when his sperm count drops below 20 million per cc of ejaculate, however, it is still possible to produce a child (just unlikely). So, if a man wants to have a vasectomy, even if his sperm count is low, most physicians will go ahead and do it. He may have been told that it may not be necessary due to the low sperm count, but if the gentleman wants to make sure that he can no longer father any children, a vasectomy would be needed.

So, you have a conrundrum. And, the only way to know for sure, is to have DNA testing done. Sorry.

Good luck.
|

replied May 1st, 2013
Extremely eHealthy
A simple old-fashioned blood test can prove a man is not the father of a child though it cannot prove a man is the father.

While it is said precum carries no sperm the official position of both the UK authorities and the manufacturers of condoms is that sperm can be released before ejaculation.
While the fact of fertilisation means only one live sperm needs to get through the chances of a single sperm actually making it to the ovum are very slim it remains a possibility.

Where people are concerned there tends to be few hard and fast rules that apply to everyone all the time. Some women are so fertile they seem to become pregnant if they merely stand too close to a man and cannot afford to take a single chance.
Old mother nature is a devious old biddy who tends to change the rules and the odds depending what mood she is in.
|

replied February 4th, 2014
Im in a similiar situation had sex dec 9 with a friend got my period that exact day lasted seven days.Than had sex with my lover on the 16&22 of december and in january 29 i had a vaginal ultrasound which marked me to be due sept 12 and i was seven weeks and five days now im about eight weeks. Help please beyond stressed out
|

replied February 5th, 2014
You conceived December 16 to December 24, 2013. It is HIGHLY unlikely you got pregnant the day of your period.
|

replied February 11th, 2014
Theres no possible way the sperm from dec 9 couldve lived long enough to my ovulation days right???
|

replied February 11th, 2014
Theres no possible way the sperm from dec 9 couldve lived long enough to my ovulation days right???
|