Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Two months pregnant and ankle pain

I am two months pregnant and for the past few days I have woke up with really bad ankle pain. It really hurts to walk and it has gotten to wear as the day goes on I haven't been able to get rid of the pain. Any help?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 3rd, 2009
Supporter
Have you spoke to your doctor about your problem? Some women do not realize but women can experience feet problems during pregnancy. Your body is changing hormones are rising, and you could have started retaining fluid? The best way to reach a diagnosis as to why you are having pain is seek medical help. Some things you can do are: Elevate the feet as often as possible, wear socks that do not constrict circulation when driving or flying for a long period, take regular breaks to stretch the legs and promote circulation. Talk to your doctor about an exercise program. Make sure you are eating a well-balanced diet and avoid foods high in salt that can cause fluid retention. Hope that helps.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....