Medical Questions > Cancer > Bone Cancer Forum

Two lumps on my head

About a half year ago a lump showed on the top of my head. I had a head injury a few months before it appeared ( I don't know if this has anything to do with it). And now after some months another lump has grown on my back head. I visited the doctor and thought it was an atheroma first. She sent me to get it checked and the doctor said it will disappear. I went to see another doctor then and she said that the lumps are too hard to be an atheroma so she sent me to have an biopsy with a needle. They couldn't do the biopsy and said that the lumps feels like a bone. Okay this time I visited another doctor which said it might be an exostosis. She sent me for an X-Ray. They found nothing and said everything looks okay. The lumps are really hard and I'm losing my hair because of the lumps. I'm really worried what this might be and I would really love to get it removed because I don't feel good walking around with two nuts on my head. I really don't know what I should do next? Should I try an CT or MRI scan if those would show up anything?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 16th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. lumps mostly in scalp are sebaceous cysts. It needs to be biopsied and if benign can be excised. Just have it excised and biopsied and let them histopathology decide what it is. if it is attached to the bone and not excisable then orthopaedic surgeons will decide how to proceed.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Cancer
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bone Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.