I was diagnosed with a Pleomorphic adenoma. I first notice the mass after having a bad chest infection that moved up to my sinuses. I was shaving after I started feeling better and notice the mass then. I did not notice the mass before and it has not gotten any bigger for the last 3-4 months. I had the biopsy done and it came back benign but they told me that it was the pleomrphic adenoma and needed to be removed sergicly. I was wondering if there would be a possibility of of a misdiagnosis since I did not notice the mass before and they told me that they are a slow growing tumors. The mass seemed to have grown only when I was sick and has not gotten any larger in size from what I can tell since. Is there any other kinds of growths that can mimic a tumor of the parotid that just go away over time and do not require surgery? Thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing from you!! doctor
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 12th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....