Dr,
i want to discuss a very serious issue, my sister had tumor in pelvis bone, now the tumor has been removed and an artificial plate has been fixed there, during the 8 hours of operation blood clot happened another operation they did to remove blood clot, after 7 days doctor gave blood , in which infection took place as a result of that they remove the leg from the knee, now they are giving high antibiotic to stop further infection , whats happening here(cmch vellor) i cant say, please tell what to do in these crucial circumstances?? how long it will take its already been 1 month
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 26th, 2012
Especially eHealthy
manaskurji,

Sorry about your sister's condition.

All you can do is wait and see how she responds to the treatment. Usually, once the dead and infected tissue is removed, the body will begin to heal itself.

Antibiotics will help, but the surgical removal of the tissues was the most important treatment.

If there is still an infection going on, further surgery may be needed.

Proper nutrition and other supportive measures will be necessary during the healing periodss.

Good luck. Hope your sister responds to the treatment and gets well soon.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....