I was diagnosed with pulmonary tuberculosis in the year 2014 in my left lung. Took medicine for a year and got off the bacteria. Now my mind keeps on playing games and whenever I have any symptoms i feel as of the disease will relapse. For instance lately i have been having slight pain in the right side of the chest. It may be muscular pain. Is there any test which i can conveniently get done and rule out the relapse of tuberculosis in either of my lungs??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 13th, 2018
Hi and welcome to EHF,

Sputum AFB smear and culture and chest xray can help you rule out the relapse along with the history and physical examination done by a pulmonologist.

Hope this helps.

Wish you good health.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Lung Health
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Tuberculosis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.