User Profile
Gud day..i will ask wat is fibrolinear densities in my right upper lung? And the conclusion of my xray is persistent infiltration of ptb on right upper lung with no change.. wat does that mean? Thank u.. hope to hear from u soon..

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 29th, 2018
Tuberculosis Answer A64105
Hello and welcome to EHF,

I'm glad to be able to help you,

Old infections like tuberculosis and chronic inflammatory conditions like silicosis when heal,can leave scars in the form of fibrosis or fibrous tissue/fibrolinear densities,this is what seem to have happened in your case,you have had tb in the right upper lung zones which healed,leaving fibrolinear densities.Although the xray report mentioned,infiltration of ptb which means you have got either reinfection or reactivation of the previous infection so that means you have got secondary tuberculosis.

I hope this is helpful,

Wishing you the best of health.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Tags: Lung Health
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Tuberculosis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.