Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

ttc but think i'm not ovulating or infertile

Ok here goes...in August 2011 I stopped taking the depo shot. They put me on it to regulate my periods and to shrink a cyst I had on my ovary. Well like December 6th my husband and I started trying to get pregnant. I had a light period at the beginning of december and then again in january. Well in february I started out with a light period at the beginning and then like two weeks later I had another lite period. March was the same as february, one at the beginning and one two weeks later. Now we are in april I had one at the beginning and now again. Each one I have has lasted anywhere from 3 to 5 days. But none of them has been really heavy and only a few of them are pink to red in color rest is brown. Keep in mind we are trying to get pregnant with no such luck yet. I was just wondering if this could possibly be ovulation bleeding, hormonal imbalance, or what I am just sick a tired of it. Im starting to think that im not ovulating or infertile. I know it can take up to a year after the shot to get pregnant but I was just on it for like a year. Any information at all would be much appreciated. I just would like to have a child soon. By the way I am 24 yrs old!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 14th, 2012
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on the cause for the altered period pattern and inability to conceive without examining you and going ahead with further evaluation. The bleeding pattern change can be attributed to hormonal derangements, thyroid hormonal abnormalities, endometrial problems, ovarian cysts etc. you should consider visiting your treating doctor/gynecologist for further evaluation to look at current status of the ovarian cyst (diagnosed earlier) and look for the underlying cause for the period pattern change and inability to conceive. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you regulate your periods and get pregnant. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Take adequate rest. Drink plenty of water. Maintain healthy diet.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ovulation and Ovaries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.