Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Trying to Sleep Through Migraine

The aura phase and later the severe pain make it incredibly difficult to get to sleep even though I'm taking multiple medications to help with that which are: Elavil, Metoclopramide, Migranal Nasal Spray, and Benadryl

The other medications I take as well during a Migraine attack are:
Acetaminophen, Aleve, and Verapamil.

I exceed recommended dose of everything except Migranal, Verapamil, and Elavil. I really overdo the Benadryl.

Aleve 220 mg gelcaps- 2-4 (usually 3),
Acetaminophen 500mg gelcaps- 3-4 (usually 4),
Metoclopramide 10mg tablets- 2-4 (usually 4),
Verapamil 40mg tablets- 0-2,
Elavil 75mg tablet- 0.5-1,
Migranal Nasal Spray- two sprays each nostril (+ maybe one more spray)
Benadryl 25mg- 7-??? I don't know how many I'll end up taking as time passes.

The pain is almost suicide inducing if I were to have a few a week but I avoid life to prevent that. But if I could sleep through them I could get out more. I've tried many medications and am not willing to try things other than Migranal as it is the only thing that has ever remotely helped at all, and trying other drugs requires I don't take the Migranal, which I can't afford to risk.

My only current solution is to slowly increase doses of the medications I'm currently taking to increase there effects. But not the Migranal as I don't want rebound headache.

So I'm welcome to any advice as long as you are willing to be open to my strategy as well and offer me suggestions of other medications or supplements that wouldn't interact with my current medications and would help with my getting to sleep.

Unisom? Melatonin? Elaphant tranquilizer? haha but for real I need help!

Thanks...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 18th, 2013
I have something that can help you, please send me your email because I cannot send attachment here.
|
Did you find this post helpful?