Medical Questions > Nutrition > Weight Loss Forum

Trying to lose weight with IBS/no gall bladder

I've had IBS for 20 years, the bad kind, and alos had my gall bladder removed about 2 years ago. I don't really eat very much, usually a special k bar with soy chai for breakfast; a bagel with tea for lunch; then a normal sized dinner. I watch out to not eat trigger foods. Most diets include food that I can't eat, since my stomach is extremely sensitive due to the IBS and lack of gall bladder. I want to lose at least 10 lbs..I wear a size 16 now and would love to be a 14 or even a 12. Any suggestions??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 25th, 2012
Successful weight loss with IBS/no gall bladder
I have IBS and no gall bladder and have recently lost just over 2 stone in 10 weeks on the slimming world diet. It is hard, I tend to eat vegetarian a lot and stick to quorn products rather than meat due to my inability to process fats! I stick to their green days but don't go over the top with carbs, lots of fresh fruit and veg. I don't eat bread (IBS doesn't like that either)but I do sometimes have probelms with going to the loo (a common problem as you well know). I hope you have some success in the future.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....