Medical Questions > Nutrition > Weight Loss Forum

Trying to lose weight (Page 1)

User Profile
I have always been a little overweight, and it giot worse when i was on the depo shot and was on a trial headache medacine that made my weight jump fast (45 lbs in one year). I have begun to lose that weight, I was up to 200lbs and I am down to 183 when I went to the doctor last week. It took a year to lose that and I am only 18 and really want to lose 40 pounds.

does anyone have suggestions on how I can do it faster? I eat healthy and have recently begun to work out. I wish i knew someone trying to lose weight to do it with me so we can help each other.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 25th, 2008
What is your body fat?

Besides eating healthy, some supplements may help you lost fat faster.

1)Fat Conversion Inhibitor contains garcinia cambogia, which helps to inhibit the fat conversion process in the body's cells. This promotes effective burning of calories, which further promotes weight loss for those individuals looking to reap the most benefits from a healthy, active lifestyle. It also helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels and plays a role in promoting optimal serotonin levels — known to control appetite and give you control over what you eat.

2)Carbohydrate Absorption Inhibitor works to inhibit the absorption of starch by the small intestines, forcing it to be broken down and used as food for “good” bacteria in the colon. An excellent product for carbohydrate lovers, it is a natural complement for Transitions Fat Conversion Inhibitor. Contains magnesium, chromium and vanadium, an essential trace mineral only recently identified as being truly essential in humans. Works on the enzymes of the small intestine to inhibit the breakdown of starch into glucose.

There are so many weight loss program on the market, but most of them will make you become a yo-yo diet. Educate yourself before you try anything.
|

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
I dont know my body fat, is there a way I can figure it out? And are there any weight loss programs you would suggest?
|

replied March 25th, 2008
There are some scales that can measure both weight and body fat, like Tanita Scale, Ironman Model BC552 1.
|

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2008
did you get the e-mail I sent you lilylover?
|

User Profile
replied March 27th, 2008
Experienced User
coliejo wrote:
I dont know my body fat, is there a way I can figure it out?

As far as I know, it's a measurement thing that compares the diameter of certain areas of the body to your overall weight. The physical trainer tested my body fat index in high school and I remember measuring my triceps and calves and pinching my belly. Maybe you can ask a PT?
|

User Profile
replied March 27th, 2008
yeah I will, I remember doing those things back in high school gym class.
|

replied April 10th, 2008
Tips to loose weight
It is good to heer that now you are trying to loose weight. I want to give some suggestion about that
1) Do regular exercise like yoga aur meditation.
2) Do not go for any diet plan unless it is advice by doctor.
3) Eat balanced diet.
4)Drink atleast 8-10 glass of water daily.
|

User Profile
replied May 26th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Speeding up any process of losing 40 lbs will only make it more easy to gain it back whenever you stop doing whatever it is you're doing to speed it up. Dieting is a lifestyle change that needs to be kept up or the weight will come back when you stop the diet.

I'm really not sure what else to suggest, I know you're already making a switch to become a vegetarian so I know you are mindful of what you're eating. How about drinking? Do you drink any type of soda or juice on a regular basis?

What do you do for exercise? How often and how long?
|

replied May 26th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Maddie34 wrote:
Speeding up any process of losing 40 lbs will only make it more easy to gain it back whenever you stop doing whatever it is you're doing to speed it up. Dieting is a lifestyle change that needs to be kept up or the weight will come back when you stop the diet.

I'm really not sure what else to suggest, I know you're already making a switch to become a vegetarian so I know you are mindful of what you're eating. How about drinking? Do you drink any type of soda or juice on a regular basis?

well said
|

User Profile
replied May 29th, 2008
Maddie34 wrote:

I dont want to lose the wieht quick, i would just like to lose it eventually. i dont drink very much pop or juice, i try to eat and drink very healthy. I exercise daily, about an hour a day.
|

replied May 30th, 2008
any Natural way for losing weight???????
hey guyz i am very much depressed because of gaining weight on and on. I tried so many things to lose, dieting, exercise jogging and also medication but nothing work well even ir prove as tiry. More frustration and more disappointment when people look at my shape in strange way. I want some hrebal and natural traetment as it is permanent cure for it. So please suggest me and inform me about natural ways
|

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
coliejo wrote:

I dont want to lose the wieht quick, i would just like to lose it eventually. i dont drink very much pop or juice, i try to eat and drink very healthy. I exercise daily, about an hour a day.

Sorry, the first paragraph was more directed at lilylover. I'm skeptical when it comes to taking supplements to lose weight fast.

Do you have a set work out that you do? You should try swimming for an hour or so.
|

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2008
oh ok, sorry. I am going to try swimming this summer once it gets nice out and i can swim outdoors so I can tan at the same time Smile I usually do cardio 3 times a week and lift weights 2 or 3 times a week. its not really a set routine, but i try and make it work
|

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Eh, gross! I hate swimming in lakes! lol
But I suppose thats just another reason I'm as white as paper Very Happy

I'm sure if you stick to how you're doing things right now, then you'll lose weight. It won't happen right away though! You may even gain a little at first because you gain muscle.

Later on, if you're still not losing weight then increase the difficulty of your workout schedule
|

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2008
Oh no, i hate swimming in lakes too, i am talking about outdoor pools! lakes are so gross!
|

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Oh cool!
I've only been in one outdoor pool and I LOVED it. It took a lot of getting used to because I swim backstroke though, I still have scars from the laneline Smile

You're very lucky to have one in your area!
|

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2008
yeah we have quite a few pubic outdoor pools like that around here, it is kinda gross with all the little kids swimming and peeing and who knows what else but it is better than a lake with all the fish poop and stuff Very Happy
|

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Well, yeah thats kind of gross, but I'd have to agree with it being better then what you could find in a lake. At least in a pool you can see that its, for the most part, clean.

That just what I always tell myself anyways Very Happy
|

replied May 30th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I used to looooove going to the lake as a kid! I was obsessed with kneeboarding/tubing...its great excercise! I'm terrible at it now though haha...swimming is great excercise though...my mom is training to do a triathlon in august, shes run quite a few marathons too...I dont know how the heck she does it...one of these days i'm gonna get out there and do it myself! but i cringe at the thought of having to get in those ice baths
|
Tags: weight, Headache, loss
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....