Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

Trying to get pregnant, seek help now or do we keep trying?

Before I was ever on birth control my cycle was irregular, I was never sure when it was going to come. Then I was on birth control for 8 years before getting off of it. I have been off of birth control since November and my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant since. Since I have got off the pill my cycle has gone from 30 days long to around 55 days long. I am tracking it with an app on my phone it is supposedly telling me when I am ovulating. My husband and I are pretty active not only around the time of ovulation but most of the time. I know we haven't been trying for a year yet and a lot of things I have read said try for at least that long before getting assistance but I also can't find anything onlline about other women having the same issues with so many days in a cycle. Do I seek help now or do we keep trying a little while longer???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 17th, 2014
I u should seek help now. I have had a irregular period for a long time. My husband and i have been trying for almost 4 years. I been to the doctor and he keep telling me that i am fine. So i am going to another doctor for a second opinion.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....