I am 34. I have been married for 15 yrs. and have two children (11 & 13). My husband is physically, emotionally, and sexually abusive. He can be a wonderful person sometimes. He is a good father. I have left twice. Each time he has promised to change, and he does for a while. The last time he followed me to my parents home in another state. I have decided to leave again and file for divorce. I just don't know if I should move to the same state as my parents or if I can just move out and stay in the same town. My children have friends here, and go to good schools. Please help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 5th, 2009
Experienced User
That's up to you.

If you feel like your soon-to-be ex-husband will continue to pursue you as a romantic interest, I think it would be better to move faraway. You said he followed you before.

Perhaps, find an apartment first in your area and see how it goes. If he persists in seeking reconciliation, then I would say it would be best to move.

It's going to take time... Some people don't let go right away.
|

replied December 5th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
I would think of what is best for your children hun...and if they have good schools and lots of friends then maybe staying there is for the best...If your husband harassers you in anyway tell him you will get the police involved am sure he wouldnt want that as the things he has done to you he could go to prison for...good luck...Jenny
|