Well first thing I got the Depo Provera Shot in March 2009 and then in June 2009. I never got the shot again. I had a period in October, November, December of 2009 and now January this year 2010. It lasted 5 days like normal. I don't know if I would be able to ever get pregnant again. My period started on Jan. 4th 2010 and stopped on Jan. 8th 2010. When would I know when I would ovulate. I don't know even if I could get pregnant. I had 3 kids already. I am 31 years old. Am I too old or is my female organ messed up from the Depo Shot. Can a woman get pregnant after getting off the Depo Shot. It's been 6 months since I've been off the shot. My last shot was June 2009. I really would like to know. Please somebody help me with questions and concerns. Thanks Kim Rolling Eyes
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 15th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
Tink, The 'official' number is 6 months for the shot to get out of your system. For some women it will take up to 12 or 18 months to return to normal cycles. The fact that you are already having your periods every month and it is now back to 5 days is positive. The chances are that you are already ovulating.

So how do you figure out if you are ovulating? There are the fertility awareness methods (FAM). Tracking your basal body temperature, your cervical mucus, your cervix height and softness in your vagina, ovulation pain. Of course, your doctor can also help. There are also ovulation test kits available.

Once you have determines that you ovulate, I think you know how to make a baby Smile.

31yo and depo is definitely not the end of your child bearing years.

Best of luck TTC number 4!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....