Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

trying to conceive after the implanon

User Profile
I had my implant taken out on the 15th of feb 2011 and then i came on a period on the 20th of feb 2011. I have not been on another period since but i am trying to conceive. this is my 2nd baby and i had the implant in for 2 and half years its been five weeks since my last period but negative hpt. as i have had no periods im confused as to when i ovualte? my doctors wont give me any answers. I really want to be pregnant again and even worrying as to weather i can conceive again after having the implanon? please help on any tips to make this happen asap! Smile thankyou
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 29th, 2011
Hi
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Your normal periods and fertility can take about 1 month to 1 year’s time to return back after stopping with birth control use. If you are ‘feeling pregnant’ or suspect to be pregnant, get a blood HCG test done by your doctor. Urine pregnancy tests usually start being positive about 20 days post conception, and can show false negative results. Blood HCG tests are accurate in confirming pregnancy early (at about 11 days post conception).
If pregnancy is ruled out, then other problems like ovulation failure and hormonal imbalances should be investigated to start you with adequate treatment to help get back your periods and also decide on treatment to help you get pregnant.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Birth Control , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.