Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

trust the latest results that I have no herpes?

User Profile
I met with a girl a few months back. She had been rubbing her vagina and then put a finger in my backside. She said she was clean but hard to know. After about 3 months, I got tested full std panel and came up negative with everything including HSV 2 except for HSV 1, which came up positive. However, the test used was herpes select elisa 1gG, which I read is known to have false positives. My score was a 3.3. I had read if the score is less than 3.5 that it could be a false positive.

A week later, I retested using herpes select immunoblot, which is supposed to be more accurate and tested negative for HSV 1 and 2. However, for past 3 months I've had itching in my backside, which could be due to sweat and anxiety. Do I have anything to worry about or trust the latest results that I have no herpes and put this to rest?

Thanks for your help!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 26th, 2014
Herpes and Genital Warts Answer A49407
Thank you for asking

Your questons habe answers in it. That back side incident of the finger is least likely an HSV cause. And even if it turns out to be that a simple antivirals and poof away all the viral load. False positives are very right and less than 3 or 3.5 makes the odds more likely.

Now the Itching might not just be anxiety and hygiene and sweating or hair growth there might cause it too.

Keep good toilet hygiene and remove hair around the anus. I am sur eit would resolve.

good Luck

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.