Medical Questions > Relationships > Troubled and Abusive Relationships Forum

Troubled and Abusive Relationships Question

User Profile
I am desperate! i need an expert advice.I am married with 2 kids but my husband dump me because of another woman. The worst part is we\'re working in the same company and living in the same compound,i caught them but decided to forgive my husband and forget what had happened for the sake of our kids but he refused instead, he asked me to give him space because he doesn\'t love me anymore and he doesn\'t care about our feelings what he cares the most is his satisfaction. But, i did not agree with what he wants and decided to saty with him until the time that he beat me up because i caught him again talking to his mistress over the phone, and suddenly i realized that it\'s time for me to leave. I want to move on but how? i\'m working abroad, with no one to lean on. Almost everyday our colleagues will tell me that they saw them having their lunch together, talking to each other etc. I feel so miserable. I want to quit my job but im thinking about my kids. Please i need your help!

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 24th, 2011
Troubled and Abusive Relationships Answer A22260
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

It seems that your marriage has irreversibly broken down and you need immediate steps to get over the situation for yourself as well as your kids.

First you need to accept that the marriage has broken and you can no longer be with your husband. The more time you take to accept it, the more difficult the situation will be due to your denial and more prolonged will be your suffering.

Inform your Ex, that you need a divorce and file for it ASAP. Do not delay it anymore.

Let everyone know about the situation and that you are applying for a divorce. So that no one will bother you either at home or at office.

There is no need to quit your job and ruin your life just because your husband was not happy.

You deserve happiness as well. Forget him and you will find some one better soon.

In the mean time, join a gym and workout to get over the stressful situations.

Consult a psychiatrist who can provide counselling and help to deal with the situation.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Troubled and Abusive Relationships , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.