Medical Questions > Abortion > Medical Abortion Forum

Trouble with Misoprostol

Hello,

I'll explain my situation as best as I can and as shortly as possible so I don't bore you. For starters, I found out I was pregnant two weeks ago after missing my period for the entire month of April. My boyfriend and I had taken every precaution we could to prevent this situation, but I guess life has a funny way of getting under your skin. Anywho, my original hope was to keep the child. After thinking about it and discussing it with my boyfriend for several days, we decided that we are both currently incapable of raising a child. I decided to go with the medical abortion procedure. This Wednesday I went to my physician, got an ultrasound, all that jazz. I scheduled an appointment on Thursday to go take the Mifeprex at the clinic. I took it around 2PM yesterday, and I started feeling cramps a few hours later. No bleeding though. Today, I took one anti nausea and one prescription pain pill before dissolving the misoprostol tabs in my mouth for half an hour. Twenty minutes in, I started to have awful cramps, and then diarrhea. Exactly a half hour later, I swallowed what was left of the pills and then proceeded to throw up about 5 minutes later. It's now been almost three hours since I took those pills. I've had cramps from hell, pink fluid on my maxi pad, and blood with stringy mucus when I pee. I had woken up from a nap about 15 minutes ago, took another pain pill, had cramps, used the restroom, still very little noticeable blood... Cramps got super painful after that. So I went to lay down, put a sucker in my mouth, and the cramps magically went away. I have teeny tiny cramps now and what feels like a gurgley belly, but no real cramps. I get hot off and on but no visible fever. Has anyone had this experience? Should I be worried? Please help! I've never had a child before, nor an abortion. And please do not preach to me about the immoralness of my decision. I am allowed to have a choice and right now I am focused on my career goals.
Thanks,
Alerion ~
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 17th, 2013
Update - I took another nap and woke up to heavier bleeding and passed mostly blood and a large piece of whitish tissue. Is it what I think it is?
|

replied June 4th, 2013
hi
I took 24 CYCOTEC and two injections. I took another pregnancy test and i'm still pregnant..I'm so scared and don't know what to do because i'm probably around 3MONTHS..Helppp
|

User Profile
replied June 4th, 2013
Community Volunteer
You can test positive for weeks after an abortion.
|
Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...