Medical Questions > Mens Health > Erectile Dysfunction Forum

trouble maintaining an erection

Must Read
10% of men experience erectile dyfunction. When does a penis become erect? And what is ED? Start here for ED basics....
Can other medical conditions causes erection problems? Here we review the many potential causes of erectile dysfunction. ...
If you can't achieve an erection or control ejaculation, you might have Erectile Dysfunction. But what primary ED symptoms should you look for?...
User Profile
Hi, I'm just about to turn 31 and I feel like I'm having some ED issues. I was 18 when I got married and 20 when I got divorced, at that time in my life I most certainly didn't have any ED issues. After my divorce at age 20, almost 21 I went about 10 years without having sex until earlier this year. I reconnected with a female friend from 10-12 years ago. So for the last 10 years or so I've had only porn and my imagination. I noticed that when we were to together I wouldn't get nearly as hard as I thought I should or would have a few years earlier. I love the girl on top position but I was unable to stay hard enough for us to continue in that position, and I've also noticed that when I am hard I lose my erection very quickly as soon as stimulation stops. I don't know how much of this is psychological or how mush is physical. What could I do to help this situation? I wouldn't think I would be having these problems at age 30. Thanks, please help.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 30th, 2016
Erectile Dysfunction Answer A59261
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. These performance issues are not ED but psychological. Avoid masturbation and porn, reduce coital frequency to once a week and this issue will resolve.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Erectile Dysfunction , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.