Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Parkinson Disease Forum

tremors,pain, Castro headaches, violent sleep

User Profile
Hi I'm am seeing a neurologist at the moment but it is taking along time i have tremors,pain in left hip left flank Castro headaches,alcohol intolerance and violent sleep I have attacked my wife several times i have no memory of doing this do these symptoms indicate Parkinson's or something else thanks Alan Carr

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 22nd, 2016
Parkinson Disease Answer A56862
Sleep disorders can be due to difficulty to fall asleep or staying asleep or due to behaviors which disrupt sleep.

Other causes which can cause sleeplessness include physical diseases (which cause breathing difficulties, persistent pain or others), depression, anxiety disorder, excess caffeine intake, Narcolepsy, sleep terrors , etc.

Some important tips for having good sleep include -

1. The most important measure is to maintain a regular sleep and wake pattern seven days a week. It is also important to spend an appropriate amount of time in bed (minimum 7-8 hours), not too little, or too excessive.

2. Avoid day time naps, as it can disturb the normal pattern of sleep and wakefulness.

3. Avoid stimulants such as caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol too close to bedtime. While alcohol is well known to speed the onset of sleep, it disrupts sleep in the second half as the body begins to metabolize the alcohol, causing arousal.

4. Exercise can promote good sleep. Vigorous exercise should be taken in the morning or late afternoon. A relaxing exercise, like yoga, can be done before bed to help get good sleep at night.

5. Food can be disruptive right before sleep; stay away from large meals close to bedtime.

6. Take a walk or a run in the morning or evening. Exposure to sunlight (light therapy) is helpful to maintain a healthy sleep-wake cycle.

7. Try to avoid emotionally upsetting conversations and activities before trying to go to sleep. Associate your bed with sleep. Do not use your bed to watch TV, listen to the radio, or read.

8. Make sure that the sleep environment is pleasant and relaxing. The bed should be comfortable, the room should not be too hot or cold, or too bright.

Following these tips will help you improve your sleep.

If the above tips do not help, then The best way forward would be to consult your doctor who can order a sleep study test. This will help to diagnose the underlying issues and specific treatment will help you sleep better.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Parkinson's
Quick Reply
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Parkinson Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.