Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

Treatong bi-polar without health insurance ?

Hi, i'm 22 years old, no health insurance working at a job that doesn't provide it.
I'm sure I have the disorder. I can feel great about myself, self-confident and then next thing I know I'm feeling worthless, exhausted, and depressed. I know I need help with this. Its been affecting my life majorly for about 5 years now. I'm ready to fight this disorder but the issue with how I'm going to pay for it comes into play.
Does anyone have any advice at all for me? Anything will help. I'm getting pretty desperate here.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 11th, 2009
Bi-polar and no insurance
I was diagnosed when I was 13 with ADHD and severe depression. Now I know it was bi-polar. I was homeless for some time and was required to undergo psych evals to obtain state and other aid. I have done much research on psychology and know what responses would get me a normal result. So everytime I would take these they would result in a healthy diagnosis. I am sorry but I can give you no madical advice on this as I have not found it yet. One thing I can tell you is to find a church. I wound up in jail and allowed God to take over my life. That was at 24. I spent one year very close to him and although I experienced effects of bi-polar He helped me overcome. Unfortunately, I have become distanced from him. I am a single mother of two children, a full-time CNA, and a full-time nursing student. I am 26 now and very successful but I have lost my relationship with Him due to trying to manage my life. I am now looking for medical help. Allow a relationship with Jesus and never let go. God help us.
|

replied April 12th, 2009
call your local Job & Family services and tell them what your looking for. They should have a list of numbers for you to call to get help There are a lot of options for you, just realize that some are better then others! Make sure you actually look into the doctor or doctors before you go.
|

replied May 11th, 2009
I'm bipolar and myh insurance was cancelled
I just found out wednesday last week 5/6/09 that our health insurance has been cancelled and Cobra was not even offered. It was cancelled without notice on 2/28. Does anyone know what I can do now? I need my meds or I will get sick again. The county says we make too much money for medical assistance, cause they consider us "not below poverty", but they don't know our situation. We are on the brink of losing everything. Needless to say, currently my mental health is not stable.
|
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...