Hi, my name is Meghan and I am 18 years old.  For over two years I have had chronic pain (neck, back, head), nausea, dizziness, and other symptoms resulting from 4 concussions.  This year my dizziness and other symptoms increased dramatically and I was diagnosed with Neurocardiogenic Syncope.  I can't attend school anymore because my old and new symptoms are chronic, and I am trying to find a treatment plan before I go to college (hopefully) in the fall.  

I have tried florenef (small improvement) and midodrine (I can't tolerate it because of my headaches).  

If anyone has neurocardiogenic syncope could you tell me which medications you have tried and if it was helpful or not? Also, have alternative medications been successful for anyone?

I would appreciate any feedback and advice! Thank you Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 2nd, 2011
hi there
I do hope some one out there will be able to hep me. For the past 6 years I have been blacking out and the past year it has got worse, I have had nearly every test going under the sun and each time my condition gets worse. I have neurocardiogenic syncope attacks and my b/p has been known to drop to 58/32. I recently collapsed and was admitted for 5 days due to my very low b/p and I was also incontinent during my attack. The doctors now believe on top of everything else i have got they are testing me for paralistic epilepsy as well. I had fludrocortizoine the past and it didn't help now he has put me back on it and also given my midodrine which I have to take 3 times a day and check my b/p very hour afterwards as the side effects are very disturbing and can become severe and there's no guarantee (he said it MIGHT stop the attacks being so frequent but as my condition is gradually getting worse there's no guarantee they wont worsen in time.) plus eat loads of cherry tomatoes oranges and bananas and i've wore the tight underwear and stockings and nothing helped. I am now disabled and my husband is my full time carer, due to these acute attacks I have all the time. I have just had a mri scan and am awaiting my EEG, another tilt table test and also autonomic function study to be performed in the next few weeks. Plus 6 weeks ago they found ive got a small hole in my heart aswell. I just feel like theres no one i can talk to who understands and basically I dont know what to do anymore
|

replied December 18th, 2013
Florinef
My daughter, 17, has neurocardiogenic syncope. She was diagnosed over a year ago. Since starting Florinef, she has not had any fainting spells, but she also has increased her salt intake which also helps
|
Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....