User Profile
I am suffering from kidney stone since last two weeks.

Have done X-ray and Ultrasound scan and identified the the below result.

R kidney- mild obstruction due to upper ureteric calculus of 0.40cm noted on X-ray KUB at level

L Kidney - lower pole calyx has a calculus of 0.30cm. Mild obstruction due to UV junction calculus of 0.48cm noted.

Is it require laser treatment or normal medication. Please advice.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 19th, 2010
Kidney Conditions Answer A12195

Welcome to the ehalthforum. I am really glad to help you out. There are several factors which influence the ability to pass a stone & the most important is the size of the stone. A 4 mm stone has an 80% chance of passage while a 5 mm stone has a 20% chance. Stones larger than 9 mm-10 mm rarely pass without specific treatment.

In your case, there seems to be a high likelihood of the passage of stone without treatment. I’ll suggest drinking plenty of water. Make sure you pass very dilute urine. This can easily be determined by seeing the color of the urine. The color should be like that of water only (colorless). You can also take some antispasmodic tablets from the pharmacy after consulting your doctor. This is for medical information only and the treatment should be decided only after consulting a urologist. I sincerely hope this helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kidney Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.