Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

treatment for chronic inflammation of the gallbladder?

Around February of this year I started getting some bad abdominal pain. In March I got an ultrasound done. The ultrasound showed an enlarged gallbladder. We tried to get a HIDA scan done but my insurance wouldn't pay and we didn't have the money for it. I eventually stopped going to the doctor's around May/June. I was still in pain but I was dealing with it. Now the pain has gotten too bad to deal with and I do plan to go to the ER next Monday when I have the time.
Here are my symptoms:
Abdominal pain(upper right quadrant)
Nausea
Vomiting(not often)
Diarrhea that ranges in color(green, very light brown, dark brown/normal, orange) and is sort of bubbly in a way and burns
Feeling of being hot but I don't know if it's a fever because I don't have a thermometer
Recent burning tongue/throat from acid reflux
Pain increases after any kind of food is consumed and within a few minutes I have diarrhea
Random onsets on intense pain while relaxing that lasts anywhere from five minutes to a couple of hours

I have a strong feeling my problem is related to my gallbladder. When my doctor told me my gallbladder was enlarged she said there were no gallstones present and it could've just looked enlarged but might not have been. I already know gallstones aren't the only reason a gallbladder can be enlarged but what other reasons could there be? Is a gallbladder problem likely to be the issue with me?

What is the treatment for chronic inflammation of the gallbladder? Any insight on gallbladder disease and/or other gallbladder problems would be greatly appreciated. Again, I do plan to go get checked out. I am only looking for some information while I wait to go get checked.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 4th, 2014
Thank you for asking

it might not be a gallbladder issue at all. To me it looks like some bowel issue, with IBS as top suspicion. GERD, discomforts, diarrhea, pains, all lead to suspicions and strengthen them.

Also the gall bladder gets inflammed with it very often and there is no denying that. I suggest you seek a gastroenterologist and let them sort it out for you. Modify diet and lifestyle, eat plenty of fibrous diet and take plenty of fluids. Good bowel habits will spare the trouble.

take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.