Hi all,

I am a 23 year old male. In the last two weeks, I have been overly worried about a financial mistake I made. I have a love for cars and bought a damaged one in hopes of fixing it up. It is costing a lot more than I anticipated and there is no easy way to get rid of it.

I am suffering from a really bad case of anxiety which has caused me to stop eating. I feel nauseated constantly and feel like I want to throw up if I even smell food. My heart rate is constantly higher than normal and I cannot stop thinking about this problem. I will have to throw more money into this project which is almost over, but it is a huge headache and I am scared about the uncertainty of knowing how it will turnout. I have never felt so scared in my life and it is affecting my day to day life.

My main worry is that I won't find a buyer for it once it is completed so I can recoup all or most of my money. I really want to start looking for a place of my own, and if I am stuck with this car, that dream will be shattered for now.

I need some guidance on how to help relieve my symptoms. As soon as my mind stops focusing on a task, it just starts thinking about my situation.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 1st, 2008
Community Volunteer
I'm sorry you are in this situation, but the best thing for you to do I think is to keep plugging away at it. You say that it is almost over, so just concentrate on the work. You love cars, so it can't be an anxiety to actually be working on it. It's doing what you love.

Concentrate on how much you enjoy working on it and try your best not to think about the investment you made. There is a level of uncertainty with everything that we do and I understand that not knowing what's going to happen with potential buyer is really nerve racking.

However, you don't know that it's not going to turn out right. It could have a wonderful outcome. Don't keep your hopes too high so that you won't be disappointed, but don't keep them so low that you do this to yourself. You need to keep yourself healthy and busy, so make sure you eat and keep working on it, and if you can't work on it at the moment, keep busy on something else since that seems to help you.

If you make yourself sick and don't finish the job, then you certainly do have the certainty that you will lose money on this project. When there is a will, there's a way.

If projects like this cause you so much pain, I recommend not investing in cars with your own money. Maybe you could get a job at a body shop and fulfill your talents and love for cars there.
|

replied April 3rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
OK, first realize that there is nothing about this you can change right at this moment. So, you are worring needlessly about it. Wait and see what the outcome is and face it like a trooper. So, you made a mistake. Mistakes that we all have to account and pay for in the end. But, you can not let it ruin you for the rest of your life. Your sanity is much more important then this car. A car can get you anwhere you need to go. But, it can not get you back on the road to sanity. Remember that.
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...