I am schedualed to undergo a trapeziectomy with ligament replacement in my right thumb.
I am asking for advice about daily life immediatly after returning home. Shaving, dressing, putting on shoes etc.
How to manage? Should I buy an electric shaver?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 25th, 2018
Hello and welcome to ehealth forum

I have read and understood your question and would like to help
2 weeks after trapheziectomy your plaster will be removed and you will be given a splint that you would have to wear all the time for next few weeks except while washing hands and doing rehab exercises.

You should not right away start with shaving or using it for other chores
Your rehab physiotherapist will start you on exercise that will help you regain all the thumb movements and slowly after that you will be able to do you routine activities

I hope it helps ,be in touch with your healthcare provider as ehealth forum is only for educational purposes and not an alternate to medical consult

Good luck with your surgery
Dr Khalik
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!
Quick Reply
Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Arthritis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.