Finally found a med (although it is a narcotic analgesic)that is helping with my severe headaches. They have been constant since Sept2007 so this is a great relief!! It is called Tramadol XL taken once a day!! Anyone else on it!! I hope that in a couple months my treatments at the Head Neck and Jaw Clinic will kick in and I can come off this med!! Also at the Head Neck and Jaw clinic we found that several of my muscles below the shoulders are tight. It certainly makes sense as the system is all connected. So we have to loosen these muscles before we can get the head, neck, shoulders jaw etc. better!!

Suzane
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 27th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
that is good news. im not on any meds and havent been unless it was and emergency or the result of a surgry----so i hpe that you continue in this good path
|

replied May 27th, 2008
Thanks! Unfortunately for me my case is quite severe and this is the second time I have to take some pretty strong meds. With headaches that are 15 out of 10 everyday for 8months I had to take something!! Back in 2002 it was so severe I was off work for 1 1/2 years!!! Today I can see a bit of light at the end of tunnel!! I do feel that I will have to battle this for years to come! But I take one day at a time!!

Suzane
|

User Profile
replied May 27th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
my case is also very sever---i just bite my tongue and live with it---but that is me. you do what you have to
|