I just found out my son has Turrets. He's having behavior ploblems, and it is affecting his schooling tramendously. The Dr. says he does not have a bad case , and he may grow out of it. His eye twitches , and he VERY active. He had episodes in 2006. He took the medicine, and it went away, and now resurfaced 2 years later STRONG!! He is now taking Lexapro , as it did help the 1st time. I'm a single mothers with 3 kids, and have a very stessfull job, and everything is becoming a bit much. PLEASE someone help, maybe with some incouraging words, some advice. What do I do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 29th, 2008
Community Volunteer
First of all, welcome to ehealthforum. Smile The best advice I can give you is to take it one day at a time. Life gets hard sometimes and we sometimes forget the good stuff. Try not to focus on everything wrong in your life, think of how lucky you are to have such beautiful children. If you are becoming too overwhelmed, do you have any friends or family that could give you a break. Also, if you are feeling depressed, don't be shy to talk to your doctor about it.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (AD/HD) is a neurobiological disorder that can interfere in a person's daily life. Learn more about ADHD basics here....
Have doctors found an exact cause of ADHD? Do biological factors or genes have anything to do with it? More on causes and risks of ADHD development here....
What are the symptoms of ADHD and when do they first present? We outline the principal characteristics of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder to help you...